Careers at CampusESP
At CampusESP, we develop innovative solutions for student success. Many technology solutions address student advising needs by reaching out (or "nudging") students. CampusESP is unique. Instead of vying for the attention of busy college students, CampusESP "nudges the nudgers": students’ parents and family.
Why do we care about parents? Good question. Our research shows that college students interact with their parents more than 13 times a week. We understand that parents, as the most influential people in their students’ lives, can directly impact student success… if they’re informed.
CampusESP provides strategic, curated content to parents and families to help them better advise their student. Think social-media-platform-meets-CRM, plus secure data control for students. We’re working with major universities like Penn State, Auburn, Temple, and UNC Chapel Hill to support their student retention, recruiting, and giving goals.
We’re an early-stage education tech startup located in the heart of Philadelphia. (We work out of Pipeline Philly, an awesome coworking space across the street from City Hall.)
At CampusESP, you’ll be joining an experienced team of entrepreneurs, who combined have over 50 years of experience in higher education, sales, product design, and product development. You’ll report directly to the CEO, who was formerly the SVP of Product at Ellucian and has 20+ years of experience in Sales and Product Management.
It’s an exciting time to come on board at CampusESP, with our first round of funding in the bag, new customers rolling in, and a growing team to work with.
Sound exciting? We’re excited to work with you.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Philadelphia, PA
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Account Representative with experience selling technology and/or other services over the phone, by email, and via web-based presentations. The Account Representative is responsible for energetically championing CampusESP solutions to named higher education institutions. Additionally, this role is responsible for acquisition of new customers within the assigned territory from first touch to close. If you have a passion for technology and an interest in how it can facilitate positive social change, we want to talk with you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to...
- Development of a strategic sales plan to effectively and efficiently cover the accounts within the assigned territory.
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long term partnerships.
- Manage lead qualification and conversion from interested prospects.
- Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships within the assigned territory.
- Moderate travel required, to prospects, customers or marketing events.
- Consume copious amounts of coffee.
- 2+ years’ experience in software sales.
- 2+ years’ experience in higher education.
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service roles.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with web-based conferencing tools such as Go-To-Meeting, WebEx, Join.me etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- A passion for higher education work.
- Bachelor's Degree highly preferred.
Glad you asked. If learning the ins and outs of sales and helping a small startup grow sounds exciting to you, we want to hear from you. Please include a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.